Bell peppers are also known as Capsicum or sweet pepper. They are mostly found in variety of colors such as red, green, yellow and red. Due to its colorful appearance Bell peppers are popular choice for
Salads and pizza toppings. Bell peppers contains negligible fat and protein but are rich source of vitamin C. The 100 Grams of bell peppers contains 97% of daily value. The stuffed Bell peppers are made by choosing variety of stuffings such as rice, Potato, Paneer and cheese.
Trivia: Ever wondered why Bell peppers or Capsicum is so popularly known as Shimla Mirch in India? Well ! answer is in question itself- Since Bell pepper was imported in India from outside and It was cultivated at large scale in Shimla at first, hence the name.
2, Big Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) cut in half
1 Cup cubed in small pieces Paneer( Indian cottage cheese)
1/2 Cup Boiled,cubed potatoes
1 small chopped onion
1/2 Cup Green Peas
1 tsp Cumin seeds /Jeera
1 pinch hing /Asafoetida
1 tsp Coriander powder/Dhaniya powder
1/2 tsp Ginger/Garlic paste
Green chilly as your taste
1/4 tsp Red chilly powder or flakes
1/4 tsp Mango powder/Amchur
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
2 tbsp oil
Cilantro /Hari Dhaniya Chopped
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or wok in medium heat, add Asafoetida and cumin seeds to the pan.
2. After sauteing the cumin seeds for 1-2 minutes, add chopped onion and mix well.
3. After 3-4 minutes add cubed Paneer and Ginger-Garlic paste and mix it well.
4. Keep stirring for 4 minutes and then add Boiled, cubed potatoes and Green peas.
5. Cover pan and let mixture cook for 1 to 2 minutes on low flame.
6. Now add turmeric powder,finely chopped green chilly, coriander powder,red chilly powder, mango powder, Garam Masala, ¾ tsp salt or to taste and green coriander.
7. Stuffing is now ready after mixing all the spices. Switch off the flame, take the stuffing out in a bowl/plate and let it cool down. Set Aside.
Now let's prepare Green peppers:-
1. Rinse green peppers thoroughly and let them dry completely.
2. Now remove the stalk, cut into half and scoop out the seeds from inside from both peppers.
3. Stuff peppers with the stuffing mixture that we prepared above- It should have been cooled down by now.
4. Put a pan in medium heat, spray some oil, put stuffed pepper inside and spray them with some oil on top too.
5. Cover and let them cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
6. Open the lid after 5 minutes and stir peppers slowly from one side to other side and cover them again.
7. Peppers will be done in 10 minutes in medium heat. Switch off the flame and open the lid.
Stuffed peppers are ready. Serve with naan or as a side dish with your choice of curry.