Aloo Gobi Matar Dry or Potatoes, Cauliflower and peas dry is one of the staple side dishes of India. Almost all parts of India make and love this combination. In some regions people prefer this recipe with onions and tomatoes. Today, I made this recipe like my aunt used to, as a side dish with toor dal. This is a simple and easy recipe with only a few steps to follow. I make veggie rolls for my kids and myself by using this dry and tasty vegetable with poori. All the vegetables we are using
to make this dish have so many health benefits, too. Let’s enjoy this simple yet tasty dish.
2 potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed (wash it properly)
1 cauliflower, medium, cut into small florets
1 cup of Matar/peas
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste or you can use pieces of fresh ginger and garlic
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tbsp. Cumin powder
1 tbp. Coriander powder
1 or 2 green chili chopped (as per your taste)
1 tsp. garam masala powder
3-4 teaspoons oil
pinch of heeng/asafoetida
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
and Salt, to taste
2. When the cumin seeds start crackling ,add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets inside the pan and saute it.
3. Saute for about 2 minutes in medium heat and then let it cook for 4 minutes. Add peas and salt as per your taste with it.
4. Set the flame of the stove in medium low and let it cook openly , do not cover the lid as it will make the cauliflower mushy.
5. After 3,4 minutes add dhaniya/Coriander powder, cumin powder, Garam masala and mix well with the vegetables.
6. Add the chopped green chilies inside the pan ( quantity of chili is up to your taste).
7. Cover the lid for 3 minutes and keep the stove flame in medium low only.
8. If potatoes are cooked and done then turn off the heat, if not then let it cook for 2,3 minutes more.
1. Do not overcook the cauliflower, otherwise it will be mushy.You can do following steps too 2. Fry potatoes and cauliflower florets seperately and then do all the above steps. 3. If you do not want to use more frying then boil potatoes and cauliflower florets seperately for 4 minutes.