Instant pot Palak Paneer or Spinach Gravy or saag Paneer with Indian Cottage cheese is very popular Indian dish. The mighty Spinach blended with unique spices bring out an amazing recipe to satisfy everyone’s taste buds. Palak or Spinach is loaded with iron and other nutrients while Indian cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein. A win-win combination of nutrition and taste, right?
Let’s make tasty Palak Paneer in under 30 minutes.
2 Pounds Of Washed Spinach Leaves
250gm/ 1/2 lb Paneer /Indian Cottage cheese cut into cubes
2 Medium Chopped Tomato or 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
1 tbsp.Ginger Paste
1 tsp. Haldi/Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Jeera/Cumin
A Pinch Of Hing/Asafetida
1 tsp. Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
1 tsp. Cumin powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 Bay leaf
1-2 small Cinnamon Sticks
Red Chili Powder As Per Your Taste
Salt As Per Your Taste
2. Boil spinach leaves inside a pot or microwave for about five minutes.
3. When the leaves cool down, puree them in a blender with 1/2 cups of water. After pureeing, the volume of the spinach will remain about 1 quart(950ml).
4. Turn on the Instant Pot in sauté mode in a medium heat setting.
5. Add oil, cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and ginger paste.
8. Stir the mixture and add another 1/8 cup of water into the puree. Let it saute for 2-3 minutes. Wait until you will see oil start to separate from the tomatoes.